Nanty-Glo Journal News
The Nant-Y-Glo Tri-Area Museum and Historical Society
MAY 11, 1922
NEW GARAGE WILL OPEN
A large ad in this issue announces the opening of a new garage at Mundy's Corner
early this spring under the management of Watson & Altimus, both gentlemen
being longtime residents of this borough. Mr. Altimus was formerly outside Foreman
for No. 3 Mine and Mr. Watson has also been identified with the mining industry
here for many years.
The new firm will handle the Durant Cars, also the sub-agency
of the Chevrolet for the Nanty Glo Garage. Both men have many friends here who
are glad to see them embark in business and wish them success.
BLACKSMITH SHOP MOVED
Evans, the blacksmith, recently erected a new building on his lot on Roberts St.
and has moved his shop from its old location on Chestnut St. into the new building.
The new quarters gives him much more room for his work and will be an up-to-date
shop in every way.
STATISTICS FOR 1926
Mrs. A. M. Keating, local registrar of births and deaths, furnishes
statistics for the year of 1926:
Nanty Glo births during the year, 215 and
Vintondale Borough, 57 births and 15 deaths.
including Twin Rocks, Belsano and Cardiff, 108 births and 30 deaths.
figures do not include the births and deaths that took place in the different
hospitals outside the districts named.