Good morning, Nanty Glo - Happy Easter/Blessed Pascha
This is the Jonal entry for Easter/Pascha Sunday, April 15 2001
The Easter Gospel
- At the end of the sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the sepulchre.
- And, behold, there was a great earthquake. And the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the entrance, and was sitting on it.
- His countenance was as bright as lightning, and his clothing as white as snow:
- And for fear of him the keepers shook, and fainted so they seemed dead.
- And the angel said to the women, "Fear not, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
- He is not here, for he is risen as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead. And, behold, he is going before you into Galilee. There you will see him as I have told you."
- And they left the sepulchre quickly with fear and great joy; and ran to bring his disciples word.
- And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, and said, "All hail." And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
- Then said Jesus to them, "Don't be afraid. Go tell my brothers to go into Galilee, and they shall see me there."
- As they were on their way, some of the guards came into the city, and told the chief priests all the things that had happened.
- And when they got together with the elders, and counseled together, they gave a large amount of money to the soldiers,
- saying, "Say that his disciples came by night and stole him away while we slept.
- And if this comes to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and vouch for you."
- So they took the money and did as they were asked, and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.
- Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to a mountain where Jesus had told them.
- And when they saw him, they worshipped him. But some doubted.
- And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All power is given to me in heaven and in earth.
- Go, therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- Teaching them to observe all things as I have commanded you. And, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
Nanty Glo Home Page | Area Churches